About the RMR
Metabolic rate is a measure of how much food, or fat, is converted to energy in a day. Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is the measurement of how much food, or energy, is required to maintain basic body functions such as heartbeat, breathing, and maintenance of body heat while you are in a state of rest. That energy is expressed in calories per day. So an RMR test shows how many calories you burn at rest, doing nothing more than sitting in a chair.
The ReeVue RMR by KORR directly measures the concentration of oxygen breathed out by each patient. The patient merely breathes through a simple mouthpiece as all the exhaled air is collected and analyzed. Because there is a direct correlation between oxygen consumed and calories burned (4.813 calories for every milliliter of oxygen consumed), an accurate measurement of oxygen consumption is an effective measurement of calorie consumption.
Why do an RMR Test:
- Pinpoint your caloric needs for your specific goals.
- Learn if you have a fast or slow metabolism.
- Personalize your diet and/or exercise based on your results and goals.
- Safe, quick and non-invasive.
Who else uses the RMR:
- Academic and Medical Research
- Clinical Examination
- Weight loss clinics
- Bariatric clinics
- Single RMR Test $65.00
- Two RMR Test Package $120.00
- (1)Bod Pod & (1)RMR Package $100.00
RMR TESTING PROCESS
In order to have the best possible results, follow these simple instructions:
- Avoid eating a meal 4 hours before the test.
- Avoid exercising on the day of testing.
- If possible, avoid the use of stimulants such as caffeine prior to testing.
- Patient sits or reclines in a comfortable
- The patient breathes into a
MetaBreather mouthpiece. A nose clip
ensures that all the exhaled air is
analyzed by the ReeVue.
- After 8-10 minutes, the device will
beep, indicating the test is finished.
- RMR results are visible on the screen
and will be printed.
ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH
TO LOSE WEIGHT?
SCHEDULE YOUR RMR TEST TODAY!